Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Seed Sized Faith


Seed Sized Faith

What is Faith? The Bible gives us a definition in Hebrews 11:1 ...

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."


Simply put, faith is trusting in something you cannot see, and many times cannot prove. It's something we must hope for and believe in, and is a choice we must make on our own. Faith is an action that requires our innermost belief. I choose to believe that Jesus is my Savior: that He is the only way to Heaven and the only One who can take away my sins. I choose to trust in Jesus, and I am relying on Him to do what He said He would do. All of this I base on the Bible, which I trust is God's word, literal and accurate. 

Is faith always easy? Of course not. Does doubt creep in? Absolutely. But, having confidence and assurance in my faith has changed my life. Faith brings hope, healing, peace, comfort, blessings, redemption, a future, joy even in the midst of sadness...Faith in Jesus brings eternal life. I have faith in the One, who by His grace, has saved me. 

And on those days when doubt creeps in, when I don't know how I will get from point A to point B, and when my dreams seem out of reach, I am reminded of  Matthew 17:20 ...

"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible." 

This verse brings me hope. Jesus actually tells us that if we have faith, as small as a mustard seed, that nothing would be impossible. How miraculous is that?! God has done amazing things in my life, and in the  lives of those around me, when I step out with "Seed Sized Faith." It is not always the most comfortable or easy thing to do, but God has never let me down. 

My hope is that everyone would find a seed sized faith that would begin to grow roots, then stems, then branches, then fruit. I know that God can, and will, increase our faith as we trust in Him and experience His greatness. A greatness that is impossible without Him. 




This is my family. My hope for all of us is that we will experience God in mighty ways, and that we will know throughout our lives that He has done, and will continue to do, impossible things for us as we step out with our "Seed Sized Faith." 




We have already seen Him do impossible things. He has created these boys, each one of them a miracle. And don't think for even a moment, that you weren't a miracle too. 

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3




No comments:

Post a Comment